We extend a warm welcome to you and your child to Blakeney Pre-school.
We offer a safe, happy and friendly learning environment for children from 2 years and six months to starting school.
Our pre-school is a registered charity group, a member of Gloucestershire Playgroup and Toddler Association (PATA) and is also registered with OFSTED. The pre-school is a community group run by an elected committee and officers made up of volunteer Parents/ Carers.
The pre-school is situated in the grounds of Blakeney Primary School, in the village of Blakeney in the Royal Forest of Dean. We are based in a purpose built setting which has spacious and well stocked indoor play area, kitchen, secure outside play areas for outdoor games and bike riding. We also have use of a large field, wildlife area and vegetable patch all within the security of the school grounds.
We aim to enhance the development and education of your child in a safe and happy environment. Our commitment is to enable children to explore opportunities through play, which will support their social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- Our aim is to offer your child;
- A secure and welcoming place where they can learn through play.
- A wide range of activities within a planned curriculum, which lead towards government approved early learning goals.
- Opportunities for building friendships, allowing your child to function outside a family group.
- The opportunity to make choices, take responsibility and behave in an appropriate manner.
We believe that Blakeney Pre-school will enable your child to start school confidently and help prepare them for the challenges that school has to offer.
If your child has any special needs or learning difficulties then these will be accommodated. Confidentiality is observed at all times.